Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of FileMaker 14 Platform New Features.
- Before we get started with the tutorials, I just wanna take a quick minute to talk to you about the exercise files. If you have access to the exercise files, you'll have the same files that I'm using in each one of these movies. You'll notice that I've got this folder here called Exercise Files and it's organized into several different sub-folders. And the idea behind this is that you can pick up at any movie that you're watching in FileMaker 14 Platform New Features and find the chapter in the movie and you can start off right where I'm starting off on screen. So for example, you'll see here, we've got 03_04.
That means chapter 3, movie 4. So if I open that up, I'll see the file that I have here called 03_04 Event Management. And when I double-click on that, it'll take me to the same starting spot that you'll see on the movie on screen. The other thing that is unique about this particular course, is that I'm using two modified versions of what FileMaker calls Starter Solutions. If you open up FileMaker Pro, and this counts for either a licensed version of FileMaker Pro or even a trial of FileMaker Pro, you'll see the second option in the File menu is called New From Starter Solution.
And in FileMaker Pro 14 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 14, there are two starter solutions that have been completely redesigned for the version 14. And those are the ones that I'm going to be using throughout this course. Specifically, they are the Event Management file, and the Projects file. So, if you were to select one of these, and hit Choose, you can then save this anywhere you like. And you'll have the same file that I'm using in each movie. So, this gives you two options.
If you have access to the exercise files, you can follow along. Or, you can follow along from scratch using a Starter Solution. So, why don't we get started?
- Touring the new Launch Center
- Adding top and bottom navigation parts to layouts
- Working with buttons bars, labels, and icons
- Introducing the Script workspace
- Touring the new FileMaker WebDirect interface
- Understanding new Server features
- Scripting audio and video playback in container fields in FileMaker Go
- Touring the new FileMaker Go interface