Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding other iOS app URL schemes, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] Alright, so so far we've understood…how the FMP URL scheme, which is unique to FileMaker,…can allow us to construct a URL…that can tell FileMaker to do things.…For example, here we're using the FMP URL scheme…to open a file called 06_01,…run a script called Show_Scan_Result,…and pass it a variable, which is 0123.…Now, it might not seem practical.…Some practical uses of this might be…where you have scripts in FileMaker that say,…"Hey, user, there's a invoice that's waiting…for your approval."…So maybe you have a script in FileMaker…send an SMS message out to that user on their phone.…
When they click on it in their messaging app,…it'll automatically open up the file,…go right to the invoice that needs their approval,…and allow them to hit the Approve button.…So all that kind of stuff can happen…when you're either in FileMaker, communicating to FileMaker,…when you're in SMS communicating to FileMaker,…or even in a mail application communicating to Filemaker,…which is really what you're doing…when you're sending somebody a link to a database.…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Appropriate for all
FileMaker Pro: Relational Database Design (2011)with Cris Ippolite2h 40m Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.