Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening files via the Launch Center, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] So since FileMaker Go is intended…to be able to run custom apps that are stored…on your device…or connect to custom apps that are hosted…on FileMaker Server,…you need to know where you can access those files.…So I'm looking at FileMaker Go as it's just been installed,…this is on an iPad, and you'll notice the very…first thing that you'll see…if you just downloaded FileMaker Go…from the iTunes store…is that you get this welcome tour.…You can dismiss that by hitting the close button…in the upper right hand corner.…And that'll take you to what's called the Launch Center.…The Launch Center is where all the files…on your device live and where you can access them.…
It also includes some non-FileMaker custom app files.…You'll notice here on the bottom of the screen,…where I've got this PDF, this is there because…in a previous exercise,…I have downloaded a stored PDF file…from FileMaker and so FileMaker puts it…into its own sandbox, so to speak,…and you'll see it listed here in the Launch Center.…But focusing on the FileMaker custom apps,…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
FileMaker Pro: Relational Database Design (2011)with Cris Ippolite2h 40m Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.