Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Discussing a container field, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] The container field in FileMaker…is a very special type of field.…You'll be able to notice the difference…between a container field and other fields.…If you're in Layout mode for example.…you'll see that a container field…does not have the text baselines that other fields have.…You'll also know the difference…when you're defining a container field…because just like text, number, date, time, and timestamp,…container is a field type.…But the behaviors of a container field…are really what set it apart.…It's really about what you can store inside those fields.…So here we have normal data that can be stored…in other types of fields,…whether they're number or time or text or whatever it is.…
But the types of data that we can store…inside of container fields…are in the form of documents for example.…So if I move this over here,…you'll see that I have a PDF document…that I can just simply drag and drop into a container field.…It even gives me a preview of the first page.…I can even set it to interact with it if I'd like to.…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.