Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating device-specific layouts, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] By the time you're creating layouts…that are gonna be used exclusively on iOS devices.…You should of already determined…who the users are gonna be,…what actions they're gonna be performing,…and then you're only concerned about those actions…when you're building these layouts.…If you find yourself simply recreating…layouts that were built for desktop,…but then optimizing them for font sizes and object sizes,…you're doing it wrong.…You should really just be looking at…just the work that's being performed on the device,…not all the rest of the work that's built into the solution…because sometimes, and frankly in most cases,…the users that are accessing your custom apps on devices…don't need to do all that stuff.…
So, assuming that you are…going to be building layouts for iOS,…I happen to find that the starter solutions…that ship with FileMaker Pro…are perfect examples of how you should design…your custom device layouts.…Now why is that?…Well first of all, you can open up an exercise file,…or you can go to the File > Get Started option…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
FileMaker Pro: Relational Database Design (2011)with Cris Ippolite2h 40m Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.