Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting with iBeacon, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] FileMaker 15 ships with support for…detecting iBeacons.…This new feature allows you to configure…iBeacon supported beacons with certain…attributes, and then you can use a new…FileMaker calculation function inside…your custom app to find those iBeacons…and then use those attributes to gain…information about the proximity of…the iBeacon as it relates to the proximity of…the device that's running your FileMaker custom app.…All of this is based on a new calculation…function that's named range beacons.…
Let's first take a look at range beacons in…action, and then I can show you how I set it up.…First, you'll see that I'm accessing a FileMaker…custom app using FileMaker Go on an iPhone,…and what we're looking at is a series of…inventory items.…Now, for the sake of demonstration,…I've configured each of these inventory…item records with a warehouse ID,…an aisle ID, and a shelf ID.…So the idea is this inventory item…can be found in a warehouse, in a certain aisle,…on a certain shelf, and then I've set up…beacons in each aisle, in each shelf,…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Appropriate for all
FileMaker Pro: Relational Database Design (2011)with Cris Ippolite2h 40m Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.