Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Capturing signatures, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] One of the more compelling uses…of container fields in Filemaker Go is…to use the field to capture signatures…and then to store them as images within your custom app.…Signature capture requires a layout with a container…field on it, and access to that layout…via Filemaker Go but you need no additional…hardware or addons to be able to capture the signature.…So if we take a look at any Filemaker layout…that has a container on it already,…you'll see here in the layout of the exercise file…we've got a container, the container happens to be…called the "sign off signature".…
You'll notice that's just a field that's defined…inside of our database down here in the bottom…and it has a type of container.…And really that's all you have to do…to capture a signature.…Now a user can interact with a container field…on Filemaker Go and they'll be taken to an import…sheet which allows them to select signature as…an option, but if you want to take them directly…to that, you can set up your field as a button.…So the way that you do that is you can…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
FileMaker Pro: Relational Database Design (2011)with Cris Ippolite2h 40m Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.