Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and editing shapes, part of Figma for UX Design.
- [Instructor] Figma offers a wide range of drawing tools…and ways to bring in vector content.…So in this video, we'll focus on…creating and editing vector content.…In the browser with MyTravelApp open,…we're gonna add a few shapes.…First of all, we'll start by adding a rectangle up here…so we can see this content.…So click up here, you're gonna see…we have the rectangle tool and if you click on the arrow…you'll see all the different shape tools…including arrows and this is also where…you can go to place images.…Click on the rectangle tool and I'm gonna…zoom in a little bit up here.…
So I'm gonna press Command and use my…scroll wheel on my mouse.…You can press the Plus key.…You can also use a lot of different ways actually.…Come up to the upper left here…and we're gonna draw or create a rectangle.…So click and drag and create a rectangle about ye big,…you can see the measurement label…which is actually pretty cool, let go…and come over here to the right,…you're gonna see that we have our content here.…We got our fill, we got our opacity if you want.…
- Creating a Figma project
- Importing from Sketch
- Working with frames and shapes
- Adding and formatting text
- Drawing, components, constraints, and versioning
- Creating a prototype
- Previewing your designs on mobile devices
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Foundations: Interaction Designwith David Hogue3h 33m Intermediate
Using the exercise files2m 1s
1. Set Up a Figma Project
2. Adding Content
5. Collaborating, Sharing, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.