Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Up and Running with Fedora Linux.
- I hope this course has given you some…basic familiarity with Fedora…and enables you to start exploring on your own.…We'd love to hear your feedback about…what kind of information and courses you'd like to see.…And if you find yourself having some kind of…technical difficulty, check out ask.fedoraproject.org,…which is where the community gets together…to answer questions.…
- What is Fedora Linux?
- Downloading and installing Fedora
- Navigating the GNOME Shell
- Working with files and folders
- Working at the command line
- Configuring Fedora Server
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Why don't the VirtualBox Guest Additions install properly on Fedora 23?
A: It seems that the VirtualBox Guest Additions don’t like the version of the X.Org Server software that comes with the Fedora 23 ISO. Before installing the additions, make sure to run:<br><br> sudo dnf update<br><br> This will get the latest version of X.Org Server (currently 1.18). After that, restart the VM. Then run:<br><br> sudo dnf install gcc kernel-devel-$(uname -r)<br><br> This command installs the gcc compiler and updated kernel headers, which the Guest Additions need in order to build themselves. $(uname -r) takes the output of the uname -r command, which returns the current kernel version number, and uses it to request to install the correct version for your system. Then try installing the Guest Additions again. You should see "Installing X.Org Server 1.18 modules [ OK ].” Restart the system again, and the full-screen feature should work.