In this video, personal branding consultant and bestselling author Karen Leland will detail the critical elements that go into writing a well-branded profile across all social media platforms. This video tutorial will help you craft a bio that reflects your brand personality in an authentic, truthful, and bold—not boring—way.
- Your profile picture, logo, or other visuals…may make the first impression.…But it's your profile bio that often inspires…a visitor to dig deeper.…Poorly written profiles can stop…a potential customer or employer in their tracks.…On the other hand, a well-written social media bio…can help bring you new business and opportunities.…A well-branded social media bio gives…an immediate feel for your personal brand.…There are five things to consider when crafting…a bio for your social media profiles.…
The first is to maximize your character count.…I remember one gentleman who called me up…looking for some personal branding consulting.…I reviewed his LinkedIn profile summary…and saw a single sentence that weakly declared,…"Yes, I'm a freelancer who works for myself…to help others with my skills."…I don't know about you but I wouldn't be inspired…by this to read any further, let alone hire this person.…While what he wrote was arguably efficient and true,…it provided no real sense of who he was…or why he might be worth a further look.…
This course shows how to authentically and powerfully present your brand online. Branding expert Karen Leland reveals the important differences between the four main social media sites—LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest—and how to use them for career advancement and networking.
- Developing a personal branding mindset
- Adding a good photo, profile, and background to social media sites
- Using LinkedIn for personal branding
- Expanding your Twitter reach
- Creating virtual events on Facebook
- Curating pins on Pinterest