The largest ecosystems on the web provide us with valuable data and digital footprints of users. We show how to use Alexa to find the largest websites by country and category and list some of the ecosystems you will use on the course
- [Voiceover] In this section, we're going to learn…about the largest online ecosystems.…This will enable us to collect…more representative research samples,…which will increase the accuracy…of our research and enable better decisions.…You can use the free version of alexa.com to tell you…about the largest ecosystems in the world,…and you can sort this by country or by category.…Let's get started. Click on Browse Top Sites.…Now let's imagine you're in the United States,…and you'd like to see the biggest websites in your country.…
If we click By Country, scroll down…to the United States, and there we go.…Here is a list of the biggest websites in the US…sorted by the amount of traffic that they receive.…Now you also be way more specific…than this and sort it by category.…Let's imagine that you're in the…health business; you click on Health.…Let's be more specific: you're in the Men's Health…category, so you click on Men's Health, and there we go.…
It sorts out the biggest online ecosystems…that relates to Men's Health in the United States.…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.