Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video The controversy of buying followers, part of Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter.
- [Voiceover] There's an allure to having…a lot of followers on Twitter.…Besides the tremendous brand benefit,…there's a credibility aspect that comes along…with having a high quantity of followers,…and because of this,…thousands of companies have popped up that will…sell you Twitter followers,…companies like buycheapfollowersfast.com,…which I've pulled up here.…You can, for as low as a dollar,…buy a ton of Twitter followers,…even Facebook likes,…Instagram followers, and these sites are prevalent,…here's another one that I've pulled up.…Buy Twitter followers,…look they've got packages,…1000 followers for $12,…5000 followers for $42,…these sites are everywhere,…and I'm sure you've come across them…if you've done any research on this topic,…but the truth is,…buying followers from services like this is a terrible idea,…these aren't real people,…they're either fake accounts,…or people who were tricked into following your account.…
This really defeats the purpose of your marketing efforts,…these accounts aren't people that are going to…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics