- Writing relevant, eye-catching ads
- Defining your goals and metrics for each campaign
- Writing ad copy for different media types
- Understanding your audience
- Using personas in ad copywriting
- Avoiding passive voice
- Including a call to action
Skill Level Beginner
- Effective and clear ad copy has never been more important than it is right now. New visitors make their initial decision about a website in under three seconds. So in the amount of time it takes to open a door, a potential sale can be helped along or closed forever. Nothing is more important for creating a lasting impression than the words visitors see throughout their life cycle. Hi, I'm Mike Duquet. I'm a Conversion Strategist for Hootsuite.com, the world's biggest social media management platform. I've been managing all phases of customer contact and shaping ad copy direction in online media for over a decade.
Along the ways, I've learned what works and what doesn't. Writing effective ad copy is possible by first understanding your product, and then understanding your audience, and then connecting the two in as clear and precise a manner as possible. In this course, I'll help you understand the rules for writing effective ad copy, how ad copy differs depending upon the media type, how to develop a tone and persona that addresses your specific audience, and also some potential pitfalls. I'll also include a few tips to help your ad copy shine.
My personal aim in this course is to help spark an ah-ha moment that helps you shape your own message, and make writing ad copy fun and profitable. So let's get writing.