Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Write high quality tweets, part of Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter.
- [Voiceover] As a business, you'll be balancing tweets…that maintain your community and tweets…that are promotional in nature.…Just as you have a marketing objective…for your Twitter account in general,…I encourage you to have an objective for each tweet.…What's the goal?…A goal might be to drive traffic to your website,…to encourage sign-ups for an event,…or to earn re-tweets to expand the reach of your brand.…The start to crafting a great tweet…is to first identify this goal.…Next, decide what call to action is necessary…to achieve the goal.…
That might be including a link to our website or event…along with copy that motivates a click.…Or it might even be asking for a re-tweet…and providing an incentive or inspirational reason to do so.…Once you know what your call to action is,…you can work to weave it into a message…that a follower will engage with.…People are more likely to share and respond…to tweets that inspire or entertain them,…solve a problem, or answer a difficult question.…Including a photo or a video will only add…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics