Learn the value of the social employee and how social engagement benefits both the larger brand of the company and the personal brand of the employee—a true win/win.
- So, who do your consumers trust more,…your CEO or your employees?…The answer may surprise you,…but according to the Edelman Trust Barometer,…it's your employees…and the credibility is growing quickly.…According to Edelman, in overall credibility,…68% trust a company's technical experts,…52% of your respondents trust regular emplyees…and only 46 trust CEOs.…
So what does this mean?…It means that your social employees…are the new marketing channel.…They're the most trusted voices within your organization.…Even better, the more they can demonstrate…their depth of knowledge and expertise,…the more consumers are likely to listen.…But why are social employees so important?…There are only four things social employees…can do for your brand.…First, it starts with authenticity.…
As Simon Sinek famously said,…if you don't understand people,…you don't understand business.…Your customers are looking for solutions.…Edelman found that 62% of respondents…are likely to trust a person like themselves,…someone they can relate to…and that can advocate on their behalf.…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan