In this video, learn how and where to effectively use hashtags in your content in order to be found.
- Think of a hashtag as a category … where you go to find content that's of interest to you, … such as sports, business topics, or news. … Although there are benefits of using hashtags … in your content, they aren't always practical or needed. … Although social media hashtags were initially exclusive … to Twitter, today all content on Twitter is searchable … based on keywords in tweets. … Facebook crawls keywords in posts, too, … therefore, hashtags are not required. … However, on a social network like LinkedIn or Instagram, … adding hashtags to your posts which are relative … to your content will increase the likelihood … that a non-follower will see your post. … To maximize your reach, you can try adding hashtags … of trending topics to your content. … However, be careful that you aren't perceived … as spamming a feed with content … that isn't relevant or applicable. … The recommended method of using a hashtag … is to add it to your next LinkedIn status update … or LinkedIn article post with no more than five hashtags, …
- Expanding your network with LinkedIn Groups
- Writing the perfect InMail message on LinkedIn
- How often you should post on social media
- Using Facebook as a sales and marketing channel
- Humanizing your brand
- Reclaiming lost fans on Facebook
- Building a Messenger chat bot
- Getting your first 10,000 YouTube subscribers
- Using hashtags
Skill Level Beginner
Social Media Marketing Foundationswith Brian Honigman1h 56m Beginner
1. Social Media Marketing Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.