Join Martin Shervington for an in-depth discussion in this video When to edit social media posts, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Customer Comments.
- [Voiceover] Many social media platforms will allow you…to edit what you post after you posted it.…This enables you to adjust course…and direction of your content.…Sometimes a post may require a different spin,…especially at different stages of its lifespan.…Here's an example.…If you posted something that is clearly on a Monday,…you might like to adjust the text because other people…may engage on that content on different days of the week.…
To do this, you just click in, and in this example…on Google+ you click on the dots in the upper right…and then choose to edit the post.…You might remove that hashtag and add different ones,…and adjust the original text.…Once you're ready, you click Done…and you've refreshed that post.…There's something else to consider…in relation to the platforms, which is that…the algorithms can lead to your content going viral.…And it's not unusual for me to edit a post several times…based on the feedback in the comments…as it's rolling along.…
It's very much like surfing the waves of sentiment…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.