Join Adriaan Brits for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Research.
- [Voiceover] In order to take full advantage of everything that we discuss in this course, you might want to open a couple of free accounts. There are countless freemimum options for online research but here are a couple of free tools that will go a long way. You can sign up for a Google AdWords account, a LinkedIn account, and a Facebook account. Once you've opened these free accounts feel free to explore them. At times you'll benefit from pausing the video and experimenting with your free account and therefore reinforce what you've learned.
You can even watch more related lynda videos which will have additional tips on how to use Google, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Understanding the limitations of what you can research online
- Using Google AdWords, Facebook, and Amazon to measure demand
- Using LinkedIn and Google to measure competition
- Seeing marketing research in action
- Using free or premium tools to carry out online research
- Using Alexa, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb for in-depth research