Learn how to conduct digital marketing research to investigate your customers and competitors online. Find out how to research demand, trends, and competition.
- [Voiceover] Consumers and companies leave large amounts of valuable data all over the web. Digital marketing research is the process of harnessing that data and putting it to good use, and that is what this course is all about. My name's Adriaan Brits. I consult with companies all over the world to improve their online research. In this course, I want to share with you how you can conduct your own digital marketing research. I will show you how to use the data from big online ecosystems to research consumers and competitors.
We will mainly use free tools to carry our our research, but I will also share with you a few premium tools used by professional marketers. Once you are familiar with the research techniques. I will provide you with a live example of a research challenge for which you can find a solution. Conducting digital marketing research doesn't have to be hard. With the techniques you learn in this course, you'll be well on your way to developing the skills and the confidence needed to conduct your own research in the future.
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.