Learn about social media for nonprofits. Discover the best free and paid marketing strategies for promoting nonprofits on social media, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Social media is such a dynamic way to connect people with companies. Every day, more and more nonprofits are using these tools to drive interest and involvement, all while sharing their own mission. Welcome to Social Media for Nonprofits. I'm Olivia Uribe-Mutal and throughout this course, I'd like to help you understand how different social media channels can work most successfully for you and your nonprofit. I'll start this course by touching on some general guidelines and principles to follow when approaching social media for the specific needs of your organization.
I'll review the importance of feedback and responding for any successful media campaign, and I'll provide you with a helpful brainstorming sheet for your strategic needs. Then I'll drive into the pros and cons of social media's most popular platforms, such as blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and more. I'll also talk about different types of content that you can post on each of these platforms, as well as both free and paid tactics for all of these channels.
By the end of this course, you should have the tools to pick the best social media channels for your nonprofit, create a content calendar, and properly understand posting schedules to help your social media strategy succeed. Now let's get started with Social Media for Nonprofits.
- Planning your social media strategy
- Creating a posting schedule
- Using the free and paid features on Facebook
- Adding a donation button to your Facebook page
- Setting up a Twitter account
- Sharing content on Google+
- Uploading video to YouTube
- Creating a LinkedIn profile for your nonprofit
- Getting followers on Instagram