Shows how to use social media to its full potential and leverage the unique benefits it offers photographers and filmmakers.
- View Offline
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington and in this course, we're going to be taking an overview look at social media and how it benefits both photographers and video professionals. Now, there's a lot to social media and chances are, you're already an active participant in at least one site. What I'd like to do, is give you some idea of the impact of social media, as well as some general strategies that'll help you be more effective with your posts and what you share. Now, there's a lot to social media and it's deceivingly simple. When you first look at it, it just seems like sites where people hang out and share their stuff, but, if you're a bit more strategic, and think before you post, you can actually start to see some real world professional results.
Now, I regularly use social media for my business. I use it as a chance to share the projects we're working on, stay in touch with my clients, and just overall build my reputation in the industry. And in this course, and some of the related classes affiliated with it, we're gonna be taking a look at just how exactly you can go about achieving success.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this content in the lynda.com library.
- What is social media and why should I use it?
- Cutting through the hype
- Understanding trends in Internet usage
- Showing a genuine you
- Knowing what to post and how often to post
- Scheduling posts
- Protecting your reputation