Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video View your billing summary, part of Advertising on Facebook.
- [Instructor] Facebook will show…your advertising spend amount…in two different ways.…It's important to know…how to view these numbers and what they mean.…To access your billing…you go to the manage your ads section…from the drop down in the upper right hand corner…of your Facebook account.…I've gone ahead and logged in under my account…so you can see what it looks like.…Now I'll automatically be directed here…but I really want the account overview tab.…It's here that I can see…what is really going on with my advertising account.…
Right now I'm in the reach,…but I'm going to select the amount spent.…So this is how much I've spent…in Facebook advertising.…I'm able to drill down into this further…by selecting the down arrow…and here I can choose by specific category…what that amount spent looks like.…Also if I scroll down here,…I can see per objective, how much I've spent.…So I can see that my traffic objective…has had five campaigns,…it's received 86 clicks,…I've paid 83 cents per link click…and I've reached over 17,000 people.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.