In this video, Social Media Strategist Megan Adams helps you understand how your total spend for your advertising campaign works. It is important for you to understand how spend works as well as where you can find this information so you can ensure your billing and spend is in alignment with your advertising budget.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Facebook will will show your spend amount…in two different ways.…It's important to know how to view these numbers…and what they mean.…To access your billing, you go to the Manage Your Ad section…from the dropdown in the upper right-hand corner…of your account.…I've gone ahead and logged in under my account…so you can see what it looks like…once you have data associated with your ads.…On the main dashboard, there's a quick snapshot…that shows what you're spend is for the last seven days.…Here you can see mine is zero.…Below in the section labeled Amount Spent,…you can see the exact amount that you spent…on any given day associated with any campaign.…
You use this number alongside your conversions…and page likes to understand the exact cost per action…or the cost per acquisition.…Now, this spend isn't necessarily the number…that was charged to your credit card.…That amount might be different.…So it's good to know how to review that reports, as well.…From the Ads Manager page we're on here,…we'll move to select Billing.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies