Not all research is about to products. B2B services, company data and talent are also areas of interest, not to mention the importance of influencer opinion in certain industries. For this reason, Linkedin is used as a key research tool.
- [Voiceover] In the B2B and services world,…LinkedIn can tell us so much about the competition.…It can also help us to track down great talent…when we're improving our human resources.…Not all research relates to product and prices.…Sometimes we want to understand a competitors…intended strategy or simply how they achieved…their ranks.…These things can be inferred or better understood…when we know more about the people…that the company hires.…And LinkedIn, after-all, is all about people.…
Now let's imagine that your business intelligence…unit would prefer to monitor competitors closely.…You're interested to know what sort of talent…they hire and how do they actually carry out…their existing strategic gains.…So if your company is tracking a competitor…who sells water filters, let's just call this company,…California Water Systems, we'd find the company's…corporate page on LinkedIn and then what we can do…is we can regularly visit LinkedIn to see what staff…is listed under the company and how it changes.…
We can also monitor the different cities…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.