To better understand what’s happening in social media, you need to pay attention to the conversations your customers are having. In this video tutorial, digital and social media strategist Martin Waxman teaches you how to set up a social media monitoring dashboard and get started with social listening.
- [Voiceover] It's easy to talk,…harder to listen and hardest of all to…be a careful listener.…To better understand the landscape current in…perspective customers and where the challenges…and opportunities lie, you need to pay attention…to the conversations your audience is having.…You need to listen.…Listening is a key part of research…and it wasn't long ago when that type of research…was too expensive for most businesses.…If I can go back to my father and his store,…he did his market research on foot, literally.…
When he was searching for a location he stood…on various street corners and counted how many people…were carrying store bags.…That's how he found the high traffic areas…where his business could thrive.…My dad didn't know it but he was practicing…an early form of social media: watching and listening.…Social media has made market intelligence DIY.…That doesn't mean it's free, you still need to spend…the time researching, analyzing,…and discovering insights.…
But it is more accessible than ever before.…The first step in doing this is listening…
- List five examples of an organization’s content.
- Identify SEO strategies that will increase traffic to your website.
- Name the major platforms in social media.
- Predict the best social media strategy for a small business based on customer behavior.
- Prepare a social media plan using strategic considerations and measurable objectives.
- Define three tips for using social media to establish a solid customer relationship.
- Analyze data gathered through social media to perform A/B tests.