Retweets are powerful. There's an incredible advantage to receiving a retweet just as much as the advantage to retweeting someone else. As a business, understanding the true value of a retweet will help you to find a strategy to maximize their impact. Thi
- [Voiceover] Retweets are powerful.…There's an incredible advantage to receiving a retweet…just as much as the advantage to retweeting someone else.…As a business, understanding the true value of a retweet…will help you to find a strategy that allows you…to maximize their impact.…So, let's start by talking about why getting…a retweet is valuable.…Earning a retweet acts like an endorsement of sorts.…Someone in your network agrees with what…you're saying enough to publish the same message…out to their audience.…And to get traction to really go viral,…you're looking for a retweet.…
Now, let's be honest.…Any self-promotional marketing…is always going to appear a little biased.…The retweet instead gets you third-party recommendations.…The more retweets, the more credibility,…and virality a particular message has.…Secondly, your initial audience is only so large.…Let's say you have 500 followers.…The reach of your tweet to an immediate audience…is fairly small.…Now, there's an opportunity to increase visibility…through some previously mentioned techniques,…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics