- Do you know what happens when people ask you a question?…Well, just like that, you begin to answer it in your head.…When you ask a question at the front end of a post,…often, people will use that as part of the frame…and, as such, engage by answering.…The same goes when you use questions in comments.…These can allow you to kind of reset the frame.…In other words, it can help you change the way…that people are responding…to the way that you want them to.…Answering negative questions, however,…can perpetuate a negative pattern…as you start to, kind of, buy into it.…
You want to be a little careful you don't indulge…the negative online too much…and that you help bring things back on track…when it goes that way.…It is very important, if things become a little negative…on your own comment threads,…that you know: it's your party,…and you're in charge.…If you allow things to continue for too long,…it's a lot like having your party…invaded by guests that you don't want.…Or it may be that guests you have at the party already…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.