Join Martin Shervington for an in-depth discussion in this video Use hashtags in social media posts, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Customer Comments.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes, it's the same things…that can make a big difference.…Even just adding a hashtag to a post…could influence a person's view of it.…Hashtags can be used in a very subtle manner…to almost throw a frame into a post,…like changing the frame around a picture.…If you add, for instance, the hashtag of fun,…then that will tint the lenses of perceptions,…in exactly the same way…as the language and the images in the post…can be influence people's behavior.…In other words, you're suggesting…that the nature of that particular content…is fun and asking people to go along with it.…
There's something else in relation to hashtags…that is equally and possibly even more important.…Hashtags on certain platforms, like Twitter and Instagram,…allow and even encourage content…to surface beyond your followers.…So if you want your content to go further,…hashtags really do help more people find it.…As you can see here, by clicking on the hashtag,…it takes us to more content…in relation to that subject matter.…So have a think for yourself.…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.