Custom audiences are a powerful way to directly target your customers and prospects on Facebook. In this video, Social Media Strategist Megan Adams teaches you how to take the custom audiences feature to the next level by leveraging it alongside an advertisement. You will learn how you can use a Custom Audience for a Facebook ad campaign.
- [Voiceover] Custom audiences are a powerful way…to directly target your customers…and prospects on Facebook.…Let's take a look at how you can leverage them…alongside an advertisement.…Now, I've gone ahead and created a new ad set…in Power Editor.…I got here by selecting Power Editor…in the top menu of the Ads Manager,…and then, by selecting Ad set…from the subnavigation on the left.…Here you can see the ad set that I'm currently editing.…Let's scroll down to the Audiences section.…At the very top, we're presented with the option…to include a custom audience…or to exclude a custom audience.…
I'm gonna go ahead and select Include.…And then, our list of custom audiences will auto-populate.…I'm gonna select Customers in College.…I have the option of adding an additional list…or excluding an additional one,…but I'll keep it the way it is for now.…Taking a look at those audiences,…this is really where descriptive naming conventions…will help you.…Since you can't see the description…of the list in this view, I always like to make sure…
The course also covers conversion tracking with the Facebook pixel, and retargeting users who have previously interacted with your brand's page or website. Plus, learn how to use the Power Editor to quickly duplicate ads with different targeting or imagery, and move ads between accounts. And last but not least, Megan reveals tips for mimicking A/B testing of ads and generating more leads.
If you need a Facebook advertising refresher before diving into these advanced tactics, check out Facebook Advertising Fundamentals.
- Using the Power Editor
- Managing ads and campaigns in bulk
- Bulk uploading ad images
- Managing pages
- Creating custom audiences
- Duplicating ads
- Using conversion pixels
- Setting up roles and permissions in Facebook Business Manager
- Retargeting ads
- Conducting A/B tests on Facebook ads
- Generating leads with Facebook ads