Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the value of social media marketing, part of Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter.
- [Voiceover] At its core, social media marketing…has the ability to bring…a new kind of exposure to your business.…By leveraging social media networks such as…Facebook and Twitter, you'll find opportunities…to capture new customers, as well as get your…current customers re-engaged.…But there's more value in social media…than just brand recognition and website traffic.…Let's explore some of the other value adds…within social media.…First of all, social media marketing creates…the opportunity to hear from your customers.…
Oftentimes, they'll share things directly…with your social channels, or ask questions…that might help you identify…the good or bad in your business.…But beyond their direct interactions, you'll get a sense…of what's important to you audience…by looking at what they share and how frequently.…With an active audience, you can ask for feedback…or test ideas before crafting larger marketing initiatives.…Secondly, you'll establish credibility.…Today's savvy consumers are spending more time…researching brands and products before spending money.…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics