Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand your success metrics, part of Facebook Marketing: Advertising.
- [Instructor] With so many different types of goals and…objectives it's really important to understand…your success metrics, when we look at a report…we're often doing so with a mindset of optimization.…The things you want to focus on right away…are the click through rate, the cost per click,…or cost for 1000 impressions,…as well as the reach of the ad.…Typically, spend is not a success metric.…If you're achieving all of you other goals,…you may instead decide to increase…your overall spend to get better results.…I've created a very basic view here…on the reports section with a key performance metric…so we can take a closer look at each one.…
In the first column, we have reach.…I'm looking here to see if this overall number…matches or exceeds what I expected when I set up the ad.…Now I could drill down further into these campaigns…or specific campaign to review the targeting options…or detail if I needed a refresher.…Use reach to decide if you need to…increase or decrease you targeting options, perhaps the…audience is too broad and it needs to be smaller.…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.