One of the most important considerations for your small business’s social media plan is picking the best channels and times to connect with your customers. In this video tutorial, digital strategist Martin Waxman explains how to make your social media marketing customer-centric by learning how and when your customers are using the platforms.
- [Voiceover] One of the most important things to consider…when developing your business' social media plan…is picking the best channels and times…to connect with your customers.…In order to do that successfully, you have to understand…the behavior etiquette for each platform.…It's a bit like traveling in a foreign country.…Even with the best intentions,…your actions can make you seem like a boorish tourist.…We're gonna show you how to pick your social media channels…based on the ones your customers are using,…and where they're most likely to engage with you.…
You can find out a lot about customer social media habits…by listening and seeing where, when,…and how they're most active.…Observe whether they're using social media…personally to connect with friends and family,…or if they also interact with brands.…Maybe they use it to gather product information…or get customer service when they have a problem…and expect a speedy response, even after hours.…Get familiar with your customers' behavior…by watching what they do in the social media wild.…
- Using social media to listen to customers
- Setting goals
- Crafting a social media policy and a plan
- Creating shareable content
- Measuring your social media success