Hashtags are a way to explore concepts, find new information, and increase the reach of your tweet. Many conversations on Twitter involve a hashtag, especially those that are meant for a larger audience. It's a unique way of categorizing content. By apply
- [Voiceover] Hashtags are a way to explore concepts,…find new information,…and increase the reach of your tweet.…Many conversations on Twitter involve a hashtag,…especially those that are meant for a larger audience.…It's a unique way of categorizing content.…By applying a hashtag,…you're essentially linking your tweet to a particular term,…and this term might be specific to a brand,…a marketing campaign,…an event, or even a location.…Hashtags are really a great way to increase…the discoverability of content on Twitter.…
When someone searches for a particular term,…or come across a hashtag that is of interest,…they can click on it,…and to show you they mean,…I'm going to scroll down here on our Twitter profile page.…Along the right-hand side,…we can see some trends,…and all of these trends are associated with a hashtag.…So, here we have #marchmood, #easterweekend,…#90sabook, and #leadersdebate.…These are all trends and large conversations…where individual tweets are being tagged with…this particular hashtag,…and that allows people to look at,…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics