In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams shows you the different Facebook ad types, their objectives and how you can use them to achieve your company's marketing goals. She covers different ad types, including the page post engagement ad, the offer claim ad, the page like, and the the app install engagement ad.
- [Instructor] When you advertise on Facebook,…you're able to create different ads…with different types of goals.…This means you'll use a different ad type,…based on what it is you're trying to achieve.…I'll be walking you through the most popular ad types,…all of which I always recommend to new advertisers.…Facebook has a really handy Ads Guide…that outlines all of their ad types,…as well as their purpose and how they look.…I definitely recommend you take a look…and get familiar with the different types…of ads and their formats.…You can find this Ads Guide…at the link shown on your screen.…
Now, you will need a Facebook brand page…or business page set up…before you can begin advertising on Facebook.…Most businesses will already have this set up,…but if you don't, it's very quick and easy to get started.…You can head to the link on your screen…to set up your own Facebook business page.…Okay, let's go over the ad types,…and I'll provide a few examples.…First thing to keep in mind is…that Facebook makes slight changes…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.