Join Martin Shervington for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand comments as social reinforcement, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Customer Comments.
- [Voiceover] Imagine you're at a party.…There are a group of people standing in a small group.…You're the host of the party and you have good respect…for the people who are there.…It is the nature of relationship that you have…with those people that's going to determine…the nature of the conversations.…Some people may stay silent and some people may speak up.…What's important to know in the online world…is that there is a person sitting behind the keyboard.…Comments are attached to that person,…most probably to a profile and very often people are…putting their name and even their face to these comments.…
And what you can do is both reply to that person…which makes them feel acknowledged but also you can…Plus One or like comments as well,…which reinforces what a person has said,…and this is the same sort of principle…across many platforms.…LinkedIn has the same mechanism of a like…and you can see here on a post that somebody's put out,…that two people have reinforced it with their likes.…So you can like comment and you can like post or updates.…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.