Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Tips for writing a great ad, part of Facebook Marketing: Advertising.
- [Instructor] There's some must know practices…that when applied to your Facebook ad campaigns…will make your ads more powerful…and truly connect you with your targeted audience.…Your first objective is including a clear call to action,…and a call to action is just that.…In the ad copy, you're letting your audience know…what action you want them to take,…while making it very easy for them…to take that specific action.…What may help with this is using the most relevant…call to action button on Facebook.…Let's head over to an ad that's in progress…for the H+ Sport account.…
Now, scroll the page down to the creative section…where you see the call to action button.…This is where you can choose the applicable…call to action button to appear on your ad.…This will only show up though if you add a web site URL.…If you don't, it won't show up,…so make sure that you check that…and have a web site URL that you want to send the person to.…Now, for the call to action button,…if I select the down arrow,…here I see a dropdown of all the options,…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.