The secret to creating great content for your small business is stepping into your customer’s shoes and figuring out how you can help them. In this video tutorial, digital and social media strategist Martin Waxman provides an overview of content types and offers ideas and tips for creating breakthrough social media stories your customers will want to share.
- [Voiceover] Content, that's a word we hear…a lot these days.…In simple terms, content is all the ways…you tell your company's stories…and express your brand personality online and off.…That includes your website or blog,…Facebook and Twitter updates,…and it includes a YouTube video,…a photo on Instagram, or a digital ad.…Content also includes non-digital assets,…like brochures, signage, sales material,…trade show booths, and so on,…and they all work together to give your customers…a picture of your brand's personality.…
The secret to creating great content…is stepping into your customer's shoes…and figuring out how you can help them.…Start by writing down all the questions they ask,…then group the questions into themes…and prepare a two line answer for each.…While you're doing this,…imagine which format or platforms would work best…for that particular subject,…then add it to your content calendar.…
Say you're distributing a DIY product,…you may want to consider a series of how-to videos…that are optimized for a mobile device.…
- List five examples of an organization’s content.
- Identify SEO strategies that will increase traffic to your website.
- Name the major platforms in social media.
- Predict the best social media strategy for a small business based on customer behavior.
- Prepare a social media plan using strategic considerations and measurable objectives.
- Define three tips for using social media to establish a solid customer relationship.
- Analyze data gathered through social media to perform A/B tests.