Join Martin Shervington for an in-depth discussion in this video Threaded vs. nonthreaded conversations, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Customer Comments.
- [Voiceover] The online world is complex.…The good news is, there are certain principles…that will make a difference when it comes to…the online conversations you decide to have.…On different platforms, you have different rules.…I'm not just talking about the cultural aspects,…as in, what is okay to do here.…I'm talking specifically about how a platform…is put together.…One such aspect they're going to want to…get to grips with is the following:…threaded versus non-threaded conversations.…A non-threaded conversation means that people…simply add a comment to an existing comment thread,…so it's a long string of comments.…
As opposed to on other platforms, where you can…reply to each person's comment,…meaning it's a threaded conversation.…But very often, everybody gets notified of a new comment…on the thread, so you want to be aware…you're talking to the room.…And if you have a non-threaded conversation,…people who have already posted…are likely to be notified about the future comments…on that thread.…As opposed to a threaded conversation,…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.