Join Martin Shervington for an in-depth discussion in this video Think about framing your social media posts, part of Social Media Marketing: Managing Customer Comments.
- [Voiceover] There's a considerable amount…of psychology to social media.…When you understand some of the tricks of the trade,…you'll find it a lot easier to get the results…that you want from the content you post.…One of the things to consider is called framing.…Imagine a picture with two radically…different frames around it.…What you'll find is that the frame influences…the perception of the content, that is, the image inside it.…When you change the frame, you alter people's perceptions.…You influence their minds.…When you're posting, think about…the frame that your post is set in.…
This can be done by considering the nature of the image…and the textual add-in at the top of the post.…Keep an eye on those comments as they set…or adjust the frame for the entire comment thread.…So you're setting a context,…and by changing the frame around the picture,…you'll influence how people feel.…People will engage with each other in the comments…that have already been made there,…and based on the frame, you may well find…
- Differentiate between threaded and non-threaded conversations.
- Explain why hashtags are used in social media posts.
- Describe ways in which images influence social behavior.
- Recall how to use questions to your advantage in social media posts.
- Cite reasons why it’s important to be careful about the topics you post about online.
- Explain how to redirect attention on a comment thread.
- Recognize the importance of avoiding being snarky on social media threads.