Get a simple guide to social media advertising. Learn how to use post engagement to determine if social media advertisement will be effective.
- [Instructor] If you want to find more ideal customers or get your message out there you may need to use ads. Ads will allow you to connect with people who may not know you exist. When determining whether you want to invest in a particular post you only want to invest in content that has a high engagement rate. Here we are at Topsy Turvy Cake Design Facebook page. We're going to go down to the post that Audry wants to promote. So this is a post that Audry wants to promote from March 7th. To determine whether this is a good post to promote the first thing that we're going to do is determine the number of likes she has. We do this by looking at the right hand column. Here we see the number of likes she has, 359. We also see that she has 362 follows. That means people who've liked the page and other people who've decided to get notifications about the page. If you don't see this right hand column the easiest way to determine what your current likes are is to go up to insights. So you'll go to insights, then over to likes, you'll see the total page likes as of today as 359. Let's go back to Audry's Facebook page. We'll go down to her post and we see here that she has two engagements on this particular post. In order to determine whether this post is worth the investment Audry would take the two engagements and put that under the number of likes she currently has, 359. If that number is greater than or equal to 30% than Audry should invest in this post. If not Audry needs to decide whether this post is worthwhile to make an investment in. Investing in ads can expand your audience quickly. Create ads strategically to avoid wasting money.
- Identifying your strengths
- Using your personal profile to promote your brand
- Defining and highlighting your expertise
- Delivering engaging content
- Tracking your progress
- Boosting a post on Facebook
- Creating a Twitter ad
- Developing partnerships with influencers