In this movie, you'll cover the growing opportunities for employees at all levels to become social leaders in the organization, helping to drive change and make a difference.
- So what is a social leader?…In 2014, I had the great privilege…of answering that question while serving…as an Advisory Board Member…for the Economist Intelligence Unit.…Our purpose was not only to determine…the top 25 social business leaders,…but to help define what social leadership meant.…As we determine the criteria for…what made a good social business leader,…we agree that they came in many forms.…
They each engage their community…in a way that reflected a core vision,…that demonstrated the culture they wanted…to shape through storytelling,…strategic thinking, and an adaptive personality.…Social leaders aren't tied to…any specific position within an organization.…They can be social executives, or social employees,…but whatever their role,…they are seen as crucial influencers.…So if you are interested in building…your own social leadership platform,…here are three steps to get you started.…
First, publish content.…Social leadership is about creating visibility.…For young professionals,…it shows that you wanna make an impact in your field.…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan