Understand the pivotal role social executives play as catalyst, coach, and player, listening to—and amplifying—unvarnished employee voices.
- [Voiceover] When you think of Tesla Motors.…What do you think of?…Do you think of the electric cars they produce,…or do you think of a promise for a brighter future?…At Tesla, the product and the promise go hand and hand.…Tesla CEO visionary, leader Elon Musk once said,…"You want to have a future where…"you're expecting things to be better,…"not one where you're expecting things to be worse."…This isn't just good branding,…this is social leadership at its finest.…
Social executives are the most visible…members of your organization.…They lead by example.…In the social age,…it's not enough to tell your workforce what to do,…you must model what you want accomplished,…and demonstrate why it's valuable.…This process unfolds differently in every organization,…but wherever they're found,…social executives are seen as more trustworthy.…They improve brand reputation,…and they help attract and retain top talent.…
So if you want to become a social executive,…how do you do it?…First, find your comfort zone.…No one should feel forced into a social channel…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan