Learn the various roles an empowered social employee plays in the company to become brand ambassadors.
- We hear a lot these days about culture,…authenticity and happiness in the workplace.…Thought leaders all throughout the industry…have championed these terms as…key components of what it means to be a modern business.…Why?…Because they all agree on a basic fact.…Engagement matters a lot.…As Richard Branson once said,…"Clients do not come first."…"Employees come first."…"If you take care of your employees,…"they will take care of the clients."…Building a culture of engaged social employees…is about combined impact.…
If you can engage and empower your social employees,…here's what you'll get in return.…Social employees are the new marketing channel.…The rise of social media has transformed marketing…into a viral, people-driven venture.…It's not about push-selling anymore.…Instead, it's about inviting people to have fun,…celebrate your brand or champion…an important cause together.…Here's an example of authentic social marketing.…
Remember the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?…Through social marketing, the campaign…generated 17 million videos and $220 million in donation…
As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan