Social Media for Photo and Video Pros
Social media is having a dramatic impact on the professional photography and video industry. This course shows how to use social media to its full potential and leverage the unique benefits it offers photographers and filmmakers. Author Rich Harrington presents strategies to be more effective on sites like Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more. From scheduling to posting and connecting, learn the building blocks to increase your social media reputation.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this content in the lynda.com library.
- What is social media and why should I use it?
- Cutting through the hype
- Understanding trends in Internet usage
- Showing a genuine you
- Knowing what to post and how often to post
- Scheduling posts
- Protecting your reputation
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington and in this course, we're going to be taking an overview look at social media and how it benefits both photographers and video professionals. Now, there's a lot to social media and chances are, you're already an active participant in at least one site. What I'd like to do, is give you some idea of the impact of social media, as well as some general strategies that'll help you be more effective with your posts and what you share. Now, there's a lot to social media and it's deceivingly simple. When you first look at it, it just seems like sites where people hang out and share their stuff, but, if you're a bit more strategic, and think before you post, you can actually start to see some real world professional results.
Now, I regularly use social media for my business. I use it as a chance to share the projects we're working on, stay in touch with my clients, and just overall build my reputation in the industry. And in this course, and some of the related classes affiliated with it, we're gonna be taking a look at just how exactly you can go about achieving success.
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Core Concepts554,090 Views
3ds Max 9 Modeling481,527 Views
Insights on Photojournalism49,709 Views
Soundtrack Essential Training61,563 Views
Effective Site Surveys for Video and Photo Projects53,990 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,607,809 Views
Video Gear Weekly717,626 Views