As empowered brand ambassadors, social employees hold the power to transform how companies communicate both internally and externally to reach customers. This is a win/win for both company and employee—boosting brand value for the company through authentic communication and increasing exposure and career opportunities for employees. Social employees build their own personal brands and establish themselves as leaders in their field. Here Mark and Cheryl outline the roles empowered social employees can play to transform culture and drive business results, including a five-step pilot social employee plan (called the 5 Ds) designed to help companies to increase internal and external engagement, leads, reputation, and sales. This means a more trusted brand that attracts and retains high-value employees—and that delivers more effective marketing communications in the digital marketplace. This course moves from explaining why it makes sense to create engaged brand ambassadors to how to implement and measure results.
- Shifting from outbound to inbound marketing
- Creating the social employee
- Encouraging social executives and leaders
- Storytelling using social media
- Creating a social employee pilot plan
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- How can brands stay relevant in the new era of social media engagement? Today's web-savvy customers are tired of traditional ad bot marketing techniques. - They crave engagement, deeper brand relationships, and helpful content to inform their decisions. - To meet this demand, brands must embrace a new authentic marketing channel for the digital age, the social employee. - I'm Cheryl Burgess, - And I'm Mark Burgess of Blue Focus Marketing. We are social employee advocacy consultants, authors, and international speakers who have been teaching and working with global brands for over 25 years.
So in this course we will share with you the fundamentals of what it means to be a social employee both internally and externally. To do this, we'll examine the immeasurable value of culture, the changing nature of marketing in the digital bazaar, the difference between social employees, social leaders, and social executives. - [Cheryl] We'll also share how you can use many social tools at your disposal and how to activate an effective social employee pilot program to optimize your success.
This results in a win-win for both the brand and the employee. - Social engagement isn't all about sending out tweets and getting likes, it's about engagement, building trust, and amplifying your message.