Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Scheduling a Facebook Live event, part of Delivering Video to Facebook Live.
- One way of putting a video up live on Facebook is to schedule an event. Events allow people to come and attend or participate in real life. While events are often used for real world get togethers, they can also be used for virtual ones. Let's first talk about what an event is and how they work. Events will allow you to create something like a get together or a conference. You can decide how often it occurs.
And set a date and a time. You can add titles, descriptions, and key words, as well as promote it and send it out to other folks. Events also work on personal pages and business pages, so you can take advantage of either case. If you don't see events listed, click the more button or the three ellipses to access creating an event. Once the event is published, it will appear on your page. Now that the event is created, we can decide to add a live video to it.
With events, keep in mind that you don't necessarily have to schedule the video, just schedule the event and let people know that the event is online. Or if it is a real world and an online event, let them know where they can come in real world to be there, and then at the time when you're ready, publish a live video. When you go to actually publish the video, you could do this under both business pages or a personal page. If it's a personal event, you'll have to be an RSVPed member so that they know that you're attending the event.
But now it's very simple to create a new video and then choose from the popup list that you want to target the event page. You might have to type in the name of the event, but you could post a live video directly to the event and then share it at the appropriate time. Just go back to your business manager, click on publishing tools, and videos.
Now when you choose to go live, you can use the built in option, but instead of sharing on a page, share it in an event. When you do, you can just start typing in the name of the event and you see it pops up at the top there. Now it's gonna actually create a post on that event page and share the live video. Now that you understand how to actually use an event to schedule a video or a real world activity, and then share the video at the appropriate time, let's look at a more advanced option for businesses that allows you to schedule a video in advance.
- What's Facebook Live?
- Different ways to go live
- Scheduling a Facebook Live event
- Boosting an event with sponsored posts
- Using Facebook Live from a phone or tablet
- Using Facebook Live with a web browser and computer
- Advanced desktop workflows for Facebook Live
- Using multiple cameras with Facebook Live
- Using graphics in an event
- Strategies for after the event