Join Matt Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Researching the market: What do people want?, part of Building an Integrated Online Marketing Plan (2013).
Once we've established the goals we want for the campaign and the goals that we…want to accomplish as a business. Then we have to take those goals and start…researching our market, finding out where people are and the information that they want.…So step one is trying to figure out what do people want to know.…When they research our product or business, what are they looking for and…what words do they use? You see, the more we understand what…people are searching for, the more we understand the different types of words of…the new answers of the phrases that they search with.…
The more we can understand their intent. And then we can develop a content plan…that will answer the questions that people have.…One of the first things we do when we want to establish what people want is, this is…where we go to our search engine optimization team, or we develop some…search engine optimization research. You see, SEO provides an immediate insight…as to what people are searching for. And people search based on the information…
- Assessing your resources and budget
- Developing your brand's narrative
- Avoiding mixing mediums
- Marketing via search, email, and blog posts
- Reaching fans on social media
- Integrating video
- Researching the market
- Publishing content
- Reviewing your success
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Necessity of an Integrated Approach
2. The Four Parts of a Successful Online Marketing Strategy: Narratives and Messages
3. The Four Parts of a Successful Online Marketing Strategy: Evaluate the Best Channel for Your Message
4. The Four Parts of a Successful Online Marketing Strategy: Social Sharing
5. The Four Parts of a Successful Online Marketing Strategy: Planning for Success
6. The Four Parts of a Successful Online Marketing Strategy: Develop a Schedule
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.