This tutorial rounds out the LinkedIn best branding practices by showing you how to use the LinkedIn system to request personal brand recommendations from others in your network. In addition to the best practices for recommendations, personal branding consultant Karen Leland discusses the importance of branding on the professional headline space and shows you how to make a personal brand statement with your headline space.
- [Voiceover] With the basics in place,…you have two final steps to make your LinkedIn profile…a personal branding work of art.…To achieve all-star status on LinkedIn,…you will need to post some recommendations on your profile.…As to the number of recommendations…you should have, I like my clients to have…a minimum of 10, but at least four.…One note, a recommendation on LinkedIn is…not the same as an endorsement.…An endorsement is a simple, one-click way…your connections can endorse you…for a specific skill, such as blogging,…interior design, leadership, et cetera.…
You can't request an endorsement.…Your connections just give it to you as they see fit.…A recommendation, on the other hand,…is a written statement from one of your connections.…The recommendation feature requires you to request…that a specific individual write something about you…using the LinkedIn recommendation system.…A recommendation carries more branding weight…than an endorsement for several reasons.…One, it's a written description, not just a word attribute.…
This course shows how to authentically and powerfully present your brand online. Branding expert Karen Leland reveals the important differences between the four main social media sites—LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest—and how to use them for career advancement and networking.
- List three benefits of promoting your brand on social media.
- Name the top four social network brands for small businesses.
- Recognize five helpful techniques for creating a profile bio.
- Recall two key points to keep in mind when creating a profile on LinkedIn.
- Identify the rule of content that should be employed in tweets.
- Determine the benefits of hosting a virtual event.