Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Refine your audience with interest targeting, part of Facebook Marketing: Advertising.
- [Instructor] Interest targeting is really where…Facebook advertising stands out.…Facebook collects data on its users…based on information they've added to their timeline,…the topics related to pages they like,…keywords in their status updates,…apps they use and any ads they've previously clicked.…Facebook then assigns these users to groups…of high level interests…and you'll use those interests to target people…most likely to click your ads.…Now we're still in the Ads Create tool…and we just finished configuring the first section.…
Next up is we're going to focus…on the detail targeting box.…I'm going to select browse…and here you can see all of the interests available.…In the interests section is where you'll be indicating…the interests you wish to target.…So to search for an interest,…you can type a word into the box here…and then you'll get a list of relevant options.…You can also browse…simply by tapping into the box…or selecting the browse button to the right.…You can look through this list…and selecting the arrow option on the left side…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Facebook ad types
- Setting up an advertising account with Facebook
- Identifying and targeting your primary audience
- Choosing a budget
- Writing Facebook ads
- Boosting page posts
- Creating and scheduling reports
- Improving ad performance
- Understanding Facebook's ad policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.