Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Refine your audience with behavior targeting, part of Advertising on Facebook.
- [Instructor] Behaviors are activities…that people do either on or off of Facebook.…These could be anything…from ordering a magazine subscription…to spending an above-average amount of time online.…Behaviors are constructed from someone's activity…as they browse the internet…along with their offline activity.…That offline activity data is provided…by a variety of partners of Facebook.…That offline activity information…might also include demographics,…purchasing behaviors, and life events.…So, here we are, we're still in the Ads Create tool…and we're going to work in the detail targeting section.…
So, you'll enter behaviors just like you entered interests.…You can click within the search behaviors box…and begin typing to browse…or you can select the browse button to the right.…Here it'll show you a list of options for behaviors.…And similar to interests,…we can select the left-hand arrow to get the subcategories…for each specific one.…Now, behaviors can be tricky.…There's not a guarantee…that the information here is accurate…
Social media strategist Megan Adams takes you through the basics: setting up an account, understanding ad structure, and using the Ads Manager tools. She shows you how to make critical placement and budget decisions wisely. Learn when to promote pages vs. individual posts, when to use photo ads vs. link ads, and whether to place ads in the desktop or mobile news feed, in the sidebar, Instagram, or other places in Facebook's advertising network. Megan also shows you how to run ad reports, so you can determine whether your ads are accomplishing your goals. Finally, leave with some tips for writing great ads, choosing effective images, and improving ad performance.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Prepare a Facebook ad that targets the appropriate audience.
- Calculate Impressions using Frequency and Reach.
- List the criteria Facebook considers to assign users to high level interests.
- Name six targeting options.
- Choose the best budget for your ad campaign.
- Analyze advertising reports to track performance.
- Identify the most useful success metrics to help achieve your goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding different Facebook ad types, choosing an ad campaign, choosing a budget for your ads, choosing your ad creative, writing your ad content, managing ad placements, and placing your ad order.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: additional advertising options and how to create Facebook ads.
Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2019. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: exploring Facebook ad types.